Irene Berry, owner of Calm Moments Massage and a native of Germany, has called the U.S. home for the past thirty years. A licensed massage therapist, she received her foundational massage training at accredited schools in Sacramento and the Big Island of Hawaii.
Recognizing the wide range of health benefits that massage offers, Irene constantly expands her base of knowledge through a variety of workshops and classes. Most recently, she ventured to Thailand for three weeks for intensive study of traditional Thai massage at the Sunshine Massage School in Chiang Mai.
Other recent professional training of note includes a workshop at the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Stockbridge, MA and a master class, "Yoga Therapeutics and Embryological Development" at Yoga Amherst.
Certifications & Training
- "Mindful Yoga Therapy for Veterans Coping with Trauma", embody yoga & The Veterans Yoga Project
- Vermont Breast Cancer and Mastectomy Massage Workshop, Manchester, Vermont, 2004
- Garshana, Abhyanga and Netra/Kati Basti Ayurvedic Treatment Therapies, Ayurvedic Bodywork Training, 2015
- First Degree of the Usui System of Reiki Healing, Reiki, 2008
- Beginning Level Teacher Training - embodyoga, Yoga Center Amherst, 2010
- Integrated Positional Therapy Level 3, The Albery Protocol for Muscle Pain Relief, 2014
- CranioSacral Therapy Workshop, The Upledger Institute, 1993
- "Dr. Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage", Dr. Vodder School, Stowe, VT, 2000
- "Self-Healing Through Movement, Massage, and Natural Vision Workshop", School for Self-Healing, San Francisco, 2003
- Arthritis Assessment and Management Conference, Northeastern Vermont Area Health Education Center and Vermont Arthritis Coalition, Burlington, Vermont, 2004
- Vedic Massage, “Thai on the Table", Vedic Conservatory, 2005
- "Integrated Positional Therapy Level 1", The Albert Protocol for Muscle Pain Relief, 2013
- Hot Stone Massage, Touchstone Healing Arts School of Massage, 2008
- "Motion Palpation and Muscle Energy Techniques for the Cervical Spine", Vermont AMTA and Vermont Massage Guild, Quechee, VT, 2000
- Lomi Lomi Massage, Hawaiian Islands School of Body Therapies, Kona, Hawaii, 1993